------ Links to bird and other wildlife related websites ------
Local and other Welsh Groups/Organisations
- The Glamorgan Rarities Committee forum - all info about current and past rarities in Glamorgan, and a lot of other info
- Gower Wildlife Blog - includes latest bird sigtings - you will need to register to post, but it's free to view.
- Eastern Glamorgan BTO - lots of info both local and more general
- Cosmeston Lakes & Lavernock Blog - sightings and info
- Kenfig National Nature Reserve - their Facebook page with up to date news
- Friends of Tirfounder Fields - a web site set up by James Burton of Cwmbach, to publicise the diversity of wildlife at this site.
- Gwent Ornithological Society - the club in our neighbouring county
- Gwent Birding - a Gwent Birders blog
- The Wildlife Trust of South & West Wales - a concise guide to its activities and reserves
- Gwent Wildlife Trust - includes lists of events, reserves and species
- Gigrin Farm - the now famous Red Kite feeding station at Rhayadaer, mid Wales
- Severnside Birds - info and news from the mid Severn estuary, Aust Warth etc
- Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust - includes a guide to its reserves
- Skokholm Island Blog - up to date news from Skokholm Island
- Skomer Island Blog - the sister island to the above
- West Glamorgan RSPB Members Group - information about their activities and local sites plus links to other RSPB groups
- Pembrokeshire Bird Group Website
- Carmarthenshire Bird Club
- Radnor Bird Blog
- Glamorgan Wildlife Photographic Club - local club for photographers of anything to do with natural history
- The Glamorgan Moth Recording Group - the informative blog of this very active group.
- The Cardiff Blackbird Project - a project set up to examine the ecology, behaviour and demography of urban birds using the blackbird as a model. This is the project's blog.
- WIldlife crime - if you see anything suspicious, illegal shooting etc, the Police Wildlife Officer is Mark Goulding - you need to ring 101 and ask for the matter to be brought to the attention of Mark Goulding, the Police Wildlife Officer.
- Gower Bird Hospital - An organisation whose purpose is to care for sick, injured and orphaned birds and animals with the sole intention of returning them to the wild
- British Wildlife helpines - Wales area page - this lists various centres in Wales with contact details
Local environmental organisation links
- SEWBReC - the south east Wales Biodiversity Records Centre
- Wales Biodiversity Partnership
- Environment Agency
- Cosmeston Lakes Country Park - the official VoG site
- Bridgend Unitary Authority Biodiversity Action Plan - scroll down the page for links to the documents.
- Caerphilly Unitary Authority Biodiversity Action Plan
- Cardiff Unitary Authority Biodiversity Action Plan
- Merthyr Tydfil Unitary Authority Biodiversity Action Plan
- Neath Port Talbot Unitary Authority Biodiversity Action Plan
- Swansea Unitary Authority Biodiversity Action Plan
- Vale of Glamorgan Unitary Authority Biodiversity Action Plan
- British Trust for Ornithology (BTO)
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
- British Birds Rarities Committee (BBRC)
- British Ornithologists Union (BOU)
- Rare Breeding Birds Panel
- Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT)
- Welsh Ornithological Society/Cymdeithas Adaryddol Cymru
- Natural Resources Wales - the new body which has taken over the roles of CCW, the Forestry Commission and Environment Agency Wales
- Portland Bird Obs, Portland Bill, Dorset - the link is to their new blog - the old website is here [for archived info].
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee
Bird Info/News sites
- BirdGuides - a news and webzine site and a lot more, but best known for its online news.
- British Birds - the well known bird journal.
- CVL Birding - the web site of Chew Valley and its neighbouring reservoirs, with bird news.
- Bird Forum - forum site on everything and anything to do with birds.
- Birds of Britain - a web based magazine
- Cornwall Birding - official website of the Cornwall Birding Association
- Fat Birder - an excellent site with info about birding worldwide.
- MapMate - the UKs favourite bird and other wildlife recording software, used by the Glamorgan Bird Club and many recorders in South Wales.
- Oriole Birding - run by our very own Neil Donaghy and Norfolk-based Ashley Saunders. Their brochure has a very wide range of birding tours both UK based and around the world. See the Members Trip Reports page for some trips that GBC has taken with them.
- Canopy Tower and Canopy Lodge in Panama. They gave GBC members a presentation a few years ago and some members have been. Highly recommended. Oriole Birding do a trip there.
Footnote - permission has been sought, and granted for the use of all the logos in the header banner.